Protecting Your Civil Rights For More Than 15 Years
New York attorney Thomas Shanahan is dedicated to helping people pursue justice and equality when their rights have been violated. He has more than 15 years of experience fighting on behalf of victims of civil rights, public policy and constitutional law violations. The firm, Thomas D. Shanahan, P.C., represents clients throughout New York City, northern New Jersey and Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
We focus on providing guidance and advocacy to members of the community or groups whose benefits under the federal and state constitutions have been denied. For many clients, we are the last stop in their search to find a lawyer to help. When others will not take a case, our firm reaches out to clients and pursues a successful resolution.
New York City is a place for people of diverse backgrounds, cultures, beliefs and religions. Unfortunately, these differences lead to unfair treatment across many public settings. We have extensive experience bringing claims for clients seeking damages for losses caused by civil and human rights violations. We handle cases involving:
- Hate crimes
- Interfering with the exercise of religious practices
- Preventing access to reproductive health care facilities
- Voter rights, suppression or interference issues
- Matrimonial law matters
We work on behalf of all marginalized people, regardless of their race, religion, sexual orientation or any other characteristic. Our firm is dedicated to obtaining the fair results our clients deserve.
Below are civil rights cases our firm has handled. Visit our Cases of Interest page for more information.
- Bowen v. Anti-Violence Project
- DeRosa v. Chase
- Galley v. City of Naples, Florida
- Gay City News v. A Different Light
- Gay flap in Brooklyn
- MTA domestic partnership litigation
- Sharmat v. Lipiello
- Cookie Capasso v. Sisters of Charity
- Gay Gym v. City of New York: A Struggle for Equal Protection
- Sophia La Mar and Amanda Le Pore v. Twilo
- Robbins v. Larchmont Yacht Club
- Romeo v. Seton Hall University
- She Male Escorts v. Verizon
- Thomas v. Redemtorists
- Tina Benez a k a "Big Pussy" v. K-ROCK
- Toys R Us appellate litigation
We Are Your Voice — Fighting Against All Rights Violations
At Thomas D. Shanahan, P.C., we are dedicated to serving as trusted advocates for all clients in pursuit of justice and fairness. To schedule a consultation with lawyer Thomas Shanahan, call our office at 212-867-1100, or contact us online. We are in downtown Manhattan in Foley Square, near all the major courthouses and many subway stops. Credit cards are accepted.